The Charlevoix County Commission on Aging at the Beaver Island Senior Center
Invites you to join us:
· Mondays 11am, Wednesdays & Fridays 10am – Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program!
A certified community-based recreational exercise program designed to assist in reducing pain level, increase flexibility and mobility, and enhance the ability to cope with arthritis and daily activities. Each session with activities, information, exercise routines and relaxation techniques. Sign up at 448-2022—or just come join us!
· Saturday DOUBLE FEATURES!: Movie Presentations Check the Community Center for updated listings, and times!
4/2 3pm HUBBLE IMAX G 7pm Black Swan R 4/9 3pm Tron: Legacy PG 7pm The Passion of the Christ R 4/16 3pm Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader PG 7pm Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 PG-13 4/23 3pm Little Fockers PG-13 4/30 3pm Human Planet NR Check listings at www.beaverislandcommunitycenter.org.
Make a MOVIE REQUEST! Anything from “classics” to contemporary, comedies to musicals, dramas to documentaries. Give us your ideas!
April Dates of Interest:
· Sunday Dinner!: April 17th 11am -12:30pm
Great food, company and fun for the whole community! Suggested donation for Seniors 60 and older is $4, and a $8 charge those under 60.
Roast Beef & Pork, Sweet Potatoes, Sauteed Brussels Sprouts, Fruit Salad and!
Followed by a “Sneak-Peek Hard-Hat Dessert Tour” of the New BI Forest View Community!
Come join us for our “April Birthdays” Dessert, coffee and a guided tour of our new Beaver Island Senior Housing community as construction nears completion!
· Thursday, April 19th 7pm BICS Spring Recital
· Wednesday, April 27th 12pm Senior Scams Awareness The Charlevoix County Sherriff’s Department will be visiting all of the Senior Centers to increase awareness of the many scams involving seniors going on in Charlevoix County.
· Friday, April 29th 7pm BICS 5th/6th Grade Play: “Putting on Heirs” by Michal Jacot
The story of a mother that faked her own death to get out of the responsibilities of managing her family’s fortune. Her four greedy children and a few other wacky characters then go crazy trying to find her will containing her remaining 77 million dollars. Get ready for tons of fun and an outpouring of laughter with this hysterical romp performed by an all-star BICS cast! Tickets available at the Community Center or from the cast and class members!